The following is a guest blog post from Charles Mburugu, who writes about marketing your web design business online.
A website is an important marketing tool for any business. With many businesses seeking to establish an online presence, there has been a huge demand out there for professional web design services. As a result, the industry has become increasingly competitive, with many people setting up companies to offer such services. Therefore, to succeed in the web design industry, you need to think of innovative ways of making your business stand out from the crowd.
The following are some guidelines which will help you market your web design business online, thus increasing your chances of success.
1. Build a portfolio pageInclude a portfolio page on your site which can be used to display the different sites that you have designed previously. Make sure you display a screen shot of the site, as well as a link to it. When visitors look at the site, they will get an idea of what to expect from you. Remember also to add some details about the exact role you played in the site. Were you involved in the whole development process or simply in the design process? This will reveal your level of expertise.
2. Show client testimonialsApproach your former satisfied customers and request them to write an account about their experience dealing with your business. You can then create an exclusive page on your site where such testimonials can be displayed. Such testimonials make your business appear more credible to prospects, and increase the chances of converting them to customers.
3. Offer great contentContent is a very important element of any site. Visitors usually evaluate the credibility of a site on the basis of its content. Therefore, you must ensure that your content explains clearly what your business is all about. Mention the specific services or products being offered and explain how visitors can benefit from them. However, avoid using technical terms which may be unfamiliar to readers. Instead, use simple language which can be easily understood.
4. Create a blogA blog offers a great opportunity to share useful content and have meaningful interaction with your customers and prospects. You can enlighten your audience on different industry subjects as well as receive their comments on the same. This interaction will enable you to win their trust and also get familiar with their needs.
5. Optimize your contentSearch engine optimization (SEO) is very important for the success of any site. Optimizing your site or blog will ensure that it ranks high in search engine results. A high ranking means better online visibility, and subsequently an increased level of traffic.
6. Social networkingSocial networking sites can be very effective in promoting your web design business. Having a profile on major social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn offers a great opportunity to interact with other people in your industry. Take time to post helpful updates on a regular basis, and remember to include a link to your site or blog.
Charles Mburugu is a professional blogger who likes sharing tips for internet marketers and bloggers. Currently, he is writing for MotoCMS HTML templates.