In 2022, your digital marketing strategy could make or break your brand as a business owner. However, if you're not familiar with how to effectively promote your business online, you certainly are not alone. That's because digital marketing is quite complex for most companies, and you'll need to implement a wide range of strategies. Not only that, but the internet changes fast, so you'll need to stay up to date on the latest marketing trends, and the easiest way to keep up is by subscribing to our newsletter for small businesses.
Furthermore, the costs associated with some approaches to digital marketing can be pretty high. Though, many effective digital marketing techniques are relatively low cost. Luckily, these eight low-cost ways to get more customers can make it far easier to promote your brand on the web:
1. Take Advantage of Free Advertising Opportunities
Luckily, there are ways that you can promote your brand on the web for free. Here are 12 of the best ways to advertise your product or service online without paying a cent:
- Go to community networking events in your area, and connect with people you've met at these events on social media sites.
- Offer discounts for first-time customers. In some cases, this is one of the most effective ways to attract new customers.
- Ensure that you communicate effectively with your customers by maintaining an email list of all repeat customers and clients.
- Utilize free SEO techniques to get more visibility for your company's website. Using the right SEO techniques can rank your site higher on Google search result pages.
- Regularly post on your company's social media accounts, and always make sure that you respond to comments on your page.
- Posting YouTube videos can be a great way to attract new customers and maintain a positive relationship with people who used your products or services in the past.
- Ensure that your customer support team is friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to talk to.
- Regularly add content to your website's blog. This can help you expand your customer base and improve brand loyalty among existing customers.
- Advertise your brand on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Not only will promoting your business on these platforms help you to attract new customers, but it can also dramatically improve your customer retention.
- Encourage friends and family to post about your business on social media.\
2. Know Your Audience
To effectively promote your brand online, it's essential to familiarize yourself with the unique needs of your audience. Luckily, market research will allow you to form a reasonably complete and accurate understanding of your audience.
However, it's essential to be objective when doing market research and implementing the right marketing campaigns. Here are a few tips that can help you do adequate market research at an affordable price:
- Post a survey on your website, asking people how they found out about your brand.
- While a survey on your website can be an effective market research tool, it's often a good idea to post surveys on your company's social media page and elsewhere online as well. Furthermore, many business owners make use of phone surveys.
- If you offer a wide range of products, it's essential to do market research on each unique segment of your audience separately.
3. Make Use of Multiple Forms of Advertising
To effectively promote your brand online, it's crucial to use multiple social media marketing techniques, forms of email advertising, and other digital marketing techniques. You should continuously diversify your digital marketing strategy as much as possible. Here are a few of the most important types of online advertising to focus on in 2022:
- Social media marketing (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Email marketing
- Text message marketing
- Blog marketing
- Search engine optimization
4. Make Use of Free SEO Techniques
Luckily, it's possible to improve your search rankings for free! Some of the most effective SEO techniques won't cost you a penny. One of the most effective search engine optimization methods is keyword research, and it's often possible to dramatically improve your rankings simply by choosing better keywords. Here are a few other effective ways to improve your SEO strategy for free:
- Keep your keyword density between one and three percent. This will ensure that your site ranks as well as possible with search engines, but you won't risk violating Google's guidelines to prevent keyword stuffing.
- Regularly add new content to your website, and ensure that all content will provide readers with helpful information.
- Gather backlinks by posting on blogs, forums, and social media for free.
5. Make Use of Local SEO Techniques
Your local search rankings could be more important than your overall search rankings as a small business owner. So, it's essential to pay close attention to your keywords to ensure that they're optimized for local SEO
One of the best ways to ensure that your keywords are likely to boost your local rankings is to include the name of your region, county, state, city, or broader geographic area in them. In addition, it's crucial to ensure that your keywords are likely to be both typed and spoken aloud.
Also, make sure that you create a Google My Business page and complete it. Not only will this allow customers to post reviews, but it will also ensure that your business shows up on Google Maps.
6. Offer Valuable Information Online
It's essential to ensure that your content offers valuable information to your readers. Not only does this include the information that you post on your website, but it also includes the content that you post on social media and elsewhere online. Suppose you make it easy for potential customers to access information about what your brand can offer them on social media, blogs, and other platforms. In that case, you could attract more interest in your products or services.
Furthermore, it's essential to ensure that you post content on social media websites well suited to your brand. For instance, if you primarily focus on business-to-business (B2B) marketing, it's best to post on LinkedIn mostly and other sites that are well-suited to B2B marketing. If you focus primarily on business-to-customer (B2C) marketing, it will typically be best to post on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms frequented by the general public.
7. Effectively Network and Get Referrals
One of the most effective ways to attract new customers is to network online effectively. This is especially important for companies that focus on business-to-business (B2B) marketing rather than business-to-consumer (B2C) marketing.
Luckily, there are many social networking programs that are designed with the needs of both business owners and job seekers in mind. Here are a few tips that can help you to network more effectively online:
- Make sure that you make use of both online and offline networking platforms. It's important to realize that your offline marketing efforts will influence the success of your digital marketing efforts and vice versa.
- Social media platforms offer ample opportunities for networking as a business owner. However, it's essential to choose your platform wisely. If you primarily focus on B2B marketing, you should use LinkedIn and other platforms designed for networking and job seekers. However, if you primarily focus on B2C (business to customer) marketing, it's better to focus on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms for the general public.
- Always respond to comments on social media platforms and your blog. Not only can this help you to attract new customers directly, but it will also improve your overall reputation on the forum.
8. Use PPC Campaigns Effectively
Not only is it essential to choose the right keywords for your site, create compelling content, and gather backlinks from quality sites, but it's also vital to ensure that you create an effective PPC campaign for your site. Luckily, you won't pay anything unless someone clicks one of your links. So, you'll only pay if you're generating traffic for your site. Check out this list of the best CRM for salespeople to help your team follow up on those leads promptly.
We Can Help You Grow Your Brand
Not only can E-Marketing Associates help you grow your brand at an affordable price, but we've worked with just about every type of small business that you can think of. This means that you can rest assured that we'll be able to tailor a digital marketing program to your company and customers’ unique needs.