For most business owners, increasing sales is one of their top priorities. You need a steady flow of high-quality leads for your sales reps to drive sales. This guide will teach you how to get qualified leads online to boost sales.
1. Understand the Buyer's Journey
To effectively promote your business online, it's essential to understand every step in the buyer's journey. There are three main phases of the buyer's journey, which are the awareness stage, consideration stage, and decision stage. Here's what you need to know about each of these stages:
The Awareness Stage
If a potential buyer is in the awareness stage, they have begun to realize that they might be able to benefit from a product like yours. It's best to ensure that there's plenty of information on your website for buyers at this stage.
The Consideration Stage
As prospective buyers are in the consideration stage, they will likely compare different products. Therefore, it's important to ensure that what you offer stands out against your competitors and stay innovative regarding product design.
The Decision Stage
As potential customers enter the decision stage, they're sure they intend to buy your product or service. Offering free trials and demos is a great way to reach customers in the decision stage.
2. Use The Right Keywords
It's important to ensure that you have a keyword density of 1-3% in your content. In addition, it's essential to ensure that all your keywords are directly relevant to your products or services. Luckily, these simple tips can help you pick the right keywords for your brand:
- Choose keywords that include the name of your city, state, county, or broader geographical region. This will help to optimize your website for local search rankings.
- Make sure you use long-tail keywords consisting of short phrases and sentences.
3. Create Effective Content For Video Streaming Platforms
One great way to reach out to a large audience online is to use video streaming platforms. Here are a few tips that can help you to create effective videos for YouTube and other popular streaming platforms:
- Identify your target audience on popular video streaming platforms, such as YouTube. This will help you to create highly effective content for your unique brand.
- Post tutorials and other videos that include actionable content for your audience.
- Create videos of real customers using your products. Not only can these videos be posted on YouTube and other popular streaming platforms, but they can also be posted on your website.
4. Make Use Of Pay Per Click Ads
Pay-per-click (PPC) ads are a highly effective way to promote your brand online. These advertisements can be placed at the top of search results for a specific keyword or appear on websites' sides. However, it's important to ensure that you create effective ads that reach a large audience. Luckily, these simple tips can help you design effective PPC ads:
- It's important to focus on the imagery you use in PPC ads. That's because they tend to be quite small, so there isn't much room for text.
- Ensure that you use a combination of colors that's likely to catch the eye of potential customers.
- If you're wondering how to get qualified leads online with PPC ads, it's important to ensure they're placed on high-traffic websites and above search results pages that receive lots of traffic.
5. Optimize Your Search Rankings
To successfully promote your brand, it's important to do everything possible to improve your rankings on Google and other search engines. Here's how to get qualified leads online by improving your SEO strategies:
- Always keep your keyword density between 1-3%. This will help to optimize your site for search engines, but it won't be high enough to risk getting your page pulled from the results.
- Regularly update your blog, and ensure that you include plenty of engaging blog content for your audience.
6. Harness the Power of Social Media Marketing
Social media is an incredibly powerful advertising tool, and it can be used to reach an extremely large audience. Not only can you reach your target audience effectively by joining social media groups, but you can also create PPC ads on most platforms. Here are a few other tips that can help you effectively reach your audience on social media websites:
- Use a combination of PPC banner ads and advertisements placed above web pages.
- Join social media groups that are related to what your business offers.
- Always ensure that you quickly respond to posts and comments on your social media pages.
- Always make sure you pick the right social media websites for your business. For instance, if you focus primarily on B2B marketing, you should choose social media platforms tailored to the business owner's needs. One good example of these websites is LinkedIn.
7. Optimize Your Backlink Strategy
One great way to attract customers online is to gather plenty of backlinks from quality websites. Here are a few tips that can make it easier to do this effectively:
- Use backlink gathering tools, such as Backlinko. This can help you to quickly gather a large number of quality backlinks.
- Post backlinks on numerous credible, high-traffic websites.
8. Maintain An Active Blog
One great way to keep customers engaged is to have a blog that you regularly update. Here are a few tips that can help you create an engaging blog post as a small business owner:
- Create blog posts that are directly relevant to specific products that you offer.
- Ensure that your blog posts are well-organized and highly engaging.
- Make sure you use search engine optimization techniques, such as choosing the right keywords when creating blog posts.
- Consider including videos or images in some of your blog posts.
9. Use Influencer Marketing
One great way to promote your business on social media and video streaming platforms is to use influencer marketing. Here are a few tips that can help you effectively find influencers for your brand:
- Search Google to get qualified leads online.
- Find influencers on popular social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Talk to local celebrities who have worked with companies like yours.
10. Understand Your Target Audience
To develop an effective marketing strategy, it's essential to do plenty of market research. Here are a few tips that can help you better understand your audience:
- Posting surveys on your website is a great way to understand your audience better. These surveys include questions about your customers' age and other demographic variables.
- Analyze your website's traffic statistics to determine how most people reach your website and where they're viewing it from.
- Look at case studies to help you determine how to conduct effective market research.
- If you're targeting multiple demographics, you must use unique strategies for each audience.
11. Use Email Marketing To Reach Out To Your Audience
It's important to use email marketing to maximize your reach on the web. While some business owners believe this technique is less effective than it used to be, this is not the case. Email marketing is one of the best techniques to utilize in 2022. Here are a few tips that can help you promote your brand online effectively:
- Never send out emails to people who are not on your subscriber list. The CAN-SPAM Act prevents business owners from sending out bulk, unsolicited emails.
- Always include contact information and a link in emails you send out.
- Sending e-newsletters to past customers can greatly attract interest in new products and/or services you offer.
12. Make Use of MQL and SQL Marketing Techniques
Knowing what to do with these types of leads is important as a business owner. Here's what you need to know about each of them:
Sales Qualified Leads (SQL)
Sales-qualified leads are individuals who have developed an interest in your products, and these prospects are highly likely to become customers. Here are a few tips that can help you to convert SQLs into real customers:
- If an individual expresses interest in your products on social media, you should reach out to them.
- Offer discounts for repeat customers.
Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL)
Marketing qualified leads are prospects that should be referred to your sales team. Here are a few tips for successfully converting MQLs into leads:
- Quickly refer potential MQLs to your company's marketing team.
- Consider offering a free trial for anyone interested in your products.
- Create high-quality lead magnets that can convert MQLs into SQLs.
- Design an effective landing page for your business.
Most small business owners want more leads but don't know how or where to find them. So, if you don't know how to get qualified leads online, the marketing pros at E-Marketing Associates can help you design a plan that will deliver consistent, high-quality leads for your business. To get help, schedule a call with one of our Business Growth Advisors today! At E-Marketing Associates, our goal is to help small businesses grow.
For more ways to improve your business operations, subscribe to our small business e-marketing newsletter.